How do you come up with a winning title for your book that will get readers to pick your book off the shelf instead of passing it by? Reference the C-TEST to help you brainstorm the right title for your book.
- “The reader peers through the window, your title, to see glimpses of your home, the story.”
- You don’t need to have the perfect title before you write your project. If you’re a writer who needs a title, be happy with a working title for a bit. You can always change it later.
- Go to a bookstore/library and study the titles in your genre. You can borrow from the title structures you see and tailor it to your own story.
- Come up with several different titles and run them by your writing community, friends, and family.
- C-TEST: C for Contradictory. T for Transformative. E for Established. S for Straightforward. T for Thematic.
- Watch the video to get the full training!
- Once you’ve come up with your title using the C-TEST, take a pic of it an use #PentoPaper so we can celebrate this win with you!